KAATSU is well known as a tool for building muscle with little to no weight. It’s a great biohack and can be used by people of all ages. Almost everyone can benefit from increasing their strength, but there’s so much more to KAATSU than its effects on muscle.
Here are some non-muscle growth effects of KAATSU as noted in the research and/or clinical experience:
- Increase the health of your circulatory system by improving vascular elasticity (patent)
- Improve microcirculation throughout the body
- Balance out autonomic nervous system (patent)
- Lower blood pressure
- Decreased levels of HbA1c in type 2 diabetics
- Increase aerobic capacity through low-intensity training
- Improved sleep and reduction of jetlag symptoms
- General pain reduction
- Decrease or eliminate phantom limb pain in the residual limb
- Faster recovery from athletic activity
- Improved and quicker healing from wounds and surgeries
- Decrease inflammation, measured by reduction in circulating levels of C-Reactive Protein
- Improve agility and endurance
KAATSU is a tool that can be used by athletes to improve many aspects of athletic performance. It can be used by non-athletes to improve overall strength and health with a minimum of effort. If you’re thinking of adding something to your physical fitness “toolbox” this year, I encourage you to consider adding KAATSU.